All donations will be matched dollar-for-dollar, up to a total of $15,000 to go towards the historic performance and recording of the Women in Steel percussion concerto to be performed by Claire Edwardes (Ensemble Offspring), composed by Natalie Williams with development funding from Create NSW. Click here to donate to the Women in Steel fundraiser.
10TH FEBRUARY 2021
Youth Composition Competition Announced
Award winning Illawarra based orchestra Steel City Strings is holding a composition competition in line with our “Celebration of Youth” concert series.
We are offering the chance for a young composer to have their work performed by the members of Steel City Strings.
The winner of the competition will be awarded $1,000 and will have their works performed during the “Celebration of Youth” concert series on the following dates:
- June 20 | Southern Highlands
- June 26 | Wollongong Town Hall
- June 27 | Nowra School of Arts
“A unique opportunity for budding composers to have their music performed live by our award-winning ensemble. We can’t wait to hear what these young composers have to say.” – Kyle Little, Artistic Director.
COMPETITION RULES AND DETAILS
- Competitors must be 25 years old or younger
- Entries close Sunday, April 18th 2021.
- Entries must be emailed on or before the closing date to [email protected]
- The composition must be between 3-10 minutes in duration
- The compositions must be for string orchestra (126.96.36.199.1 – 4 x violin 1, 4 x violin 2, 3 violas, 3 cellos, 1 double bass)
- Compositions must be submitted in .pdf score format including audio file (e.g. midi, mp3, etc.)
- Entrants must reside within Australia
- A winner will be chosen by a panel of judges
Any enquiries, please email: [email protected]