Cedar-Rose Newman (15) will feature as a soloist for our 2019 Celebration of Youth concert series...
4TH JUNE 2018
Daniel Tambasco – Steel City Strings guest soloist
Daniel Tambasco’s unique style, vocal talent and stagecraft brings to life the songs people love from pop to opera and everything in between. He commands attention as soon as he steps on stage.
Daniel Tambasco’s training
Born in Sydney to Italian parents, Daniel was destined to be an opera singer.
Following his Diploma in Music at Eora College, he undertook an Advanced Diploma in Opera reaching the level of semi-finalist in the prestigeous Joan Sutherland & Richard Bonynge Bel Canto Award in 2013.
Daniel completed a Master of Music Studies (Opera Performance) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music in 2014.
He was winner of the 2017 Rising Star Award – Australian Club Entertainment (ACE) Award.
In 2018 he was a finalist in one of the categories for the Mo Awards and received a nomination in two categories (Rising Star Award and the Best Male Vocal Award) for the Australian Club Entertainment (ACE) Awards.
Daniel’s performing experience
Daniel works on a regular basis in the Australian cabaret club circuit and is a casual chorister for Opera Australia.
He has an extensive repertoire in Musical Theatre, Operetta and Opera and was recently featured in the Opera Australia chorus of La Bohème performed live on the Sydney Harbour.
He has performed a wide variety of roles in
- Operas by Mozart, Cimarosa, Offenbach, Gluck, Purcell, Milhaud, Nicolai and Verdi.
- Gilbert & Sullivan operettas
- Oratorios including Carmina Burana by Carl Orff
- masses by Mozart, Dvorak and Haydn
Daniel Tambasco is also a man with a big heart.
He has been active in fundraising for
- The National Breast Cancer Foundation
- Pancare foundation for Breast Cancer research
- Pancreatic Cancer research
- Has been the organiser of annual fund raiser concerts.
What Daniel Tambasco is up to next
And of course you have the opportunity be totally enthralled with the up-and-coming superstar, Daniel Tambasco, when he performs in the Strings with Voices concert series as guest Tenor with Steel City Strings:
- Verdi’s “La donna e mobile”
- Puccini’s “Nessun Dorma” and
- Morricone’s “Nella Fantasia” (originally the instrumental “Gabriel’s Oboe” from the film “The Mission”)